Short Film News (SFN)- The REGARD Saguenay International Short Film Festival (Canada) is accepting short films until November 1, 2023.
REGARD is one of the largest short film festival in North America. Established in 1995, the event presents nearly two hundred short films from Quebec and around the world every year. We have the mission of promoting independent short films that reflect an innovative spirit and demonstrate a high-quality artistic approach.
Widely respected among film professionals, the Festival brings together more than five hundreds of directors, producers, Canadian and international buyers, distributors, journalists and scriptwriters, who come to Saguenay to present their films and participate in the activities (workshops, forums, master classes, video library, etc.) of the Short Film Market, the only event of its kind in Quebec. REGARD includes an international competition, a parallel competition and a youth competition.
– The festival accepts short films under 40 minutes.
– All genres (fiction, animation, documentary and experimental) are eligible.
– Priority will be given to short films that were completed in 2023-2024 and that haven’t been broadcast for free online.
– Student productions are eligible for all sections if they meet the above criteria.
– Only World, North American and Canadian Premieres are eligible for the Grand Prize and Canadian Grand Prize
– Films that are purely or mostly of a promotional and/or didactic nature are not eligible.
– Once the selection has been announced to the right holder, the film cannot be removed from the program.
– All films must be subtitled in English and/or French.
We recommend filmmakers to read the full Rules and Regulations here: https://festivalregard.com/en/rules
The 28th REGARD Saguenay International Short Film Festival will take place from March 20 – 24, 2024 in Saguenay, Canada.